Hi there, Marisa here, founder of In Our Shoes education and the Gutsy Leadership Academy. BIG high-five for taking the time to learn more about the leadership programs offered here. You won’t find these strategies in a book or blog; no where else will you find the unique gutsy mindset approach and plus strategic business tools you need to move ahead. There is lots of feel-good advice out there, but not a lot of HOW-TO, to cut through it all to pull ourselves into the future we want on all fronts. In a fully authentic and up-front state of mind, I wanted to share some reasons below why you can trust the training programs here to make a *HUGE* difference for you in your career. My purpose in life is to pull professionals up towards fulfilling work lives by slaying the conversations in their minds which are affecting their confidence levels hence the decisions they make. Once you overcome the self-limiting beliefs, you are free to compete in any arena you want to be a leader in. I know, because I used to be in THOSE shoes and I can tell you, it didn’t feel so hot.
It takes seconds to convince yourself that something isn’t going to work for you. That you’re not good enough and competition is too fierce for you to make a ripple effect. That if it hasn’t happened yet, it never will. Sound familiar? Take a step back and no worries about the HOW. Have faith that you have what it takes to move ahead, get unstuck and visible and really excited about all you have to offer.
With love and lots of gutsiness,
A trusted Gutsy training and Accountability approach that works:
- I’m a trainer, strategist and a coach. I’ve also been an educator and a student my whole career. I’ve seen and heard all the excuses, roadblocks, pain points and fears. Leading in IT, mentoring professionals, being a mentee of others, landing interviews with successful people, delivering career advice as a credible columnist. I get what it takes today to survive as a woman and big player in business. Sounds crazy, but it all starts with what’s between your ears. It all starts with your mindset.
- I have been in your shoes. I overcame the challenge of working in IT straight out of college, mainly with men my whole career in an abrasive Wall Street environment learning to push myself consistently and maintain a strong track record while juggling two kids as a single mom during several desperate periods in financial services, surviving every layoff sweep that came my way.
- I learned how to juggle a corporate career side-by-side while growing a business – note: strong willpower and hard work is not what gets you through! We teach how to let go of pushing so hard and learn how to pull those breakthrough goals your way.
- I've made the investment in myself by training with recognized personal development leaders such as Jack Canfield. As a certified Success Principles trainer, I now take all the training I've learned and integrate it with the learning in The Gutsy Leadership Academy.
- Everything we teach combines the mindset shifts you need to make first along with the tactical business methods to get ahead. This is HOW-TO step-by-step personal and professional development training, guiding you on how to use business strategies that work while slaying the self-sabotage conversations in your mind.
- You can experience online self-paced video training on your computer or on-the go with your smart phone. I get it and respect your time as a busy professional. This is gutsy education at your convenience and if you’re ready to combine with the option of working with us directly. If it feels right, you’ll know.
- Inspiring, motivating and full of passion is what my clients consistently share that we deliver. I gently provide the PERSONAL gutsy edge you need to push yourself beyond your comfort zone, because I have been where you are.
- Personally, I only know how to learn by going step-by-step, therefore the system is simple, straight forward learning which you can easily follow and not feel pulled in different directions. (I am hard-wired to write operations manuals for anything.)
- My mission in life is to talk about what’s not being said and why this is all a big game. You are the one holding yourself back. Once you get clear on what you bring to the table, YES the sky actually is the limit.
- We attract ALOT of established partnerships, recruiters and sponsors which complement the work we do. If there’s a company which if even in a small way supports what I’m trying to accomplish, it’s a no brainer for me to partner up. I just do it.
- We show you how to move the wall consistently and be the wake-up call to guide you with straight-forward advice and mentoring and (yes) a little tough love.
- My purpose in life is to see that you succeed because I was once in your shoes and because I believe in you (it’s ok, I know we haven’t met, but we share a common thread).
- If you are a low-key personality we will teach you how to be a cowgirl. If you’re the opposite extreme, I’ll show you how to be your authentic self with grace and ease and WOW everyone in the room without feeling like the bull in the china shop.
- I’ve gone out and landed the interviews with other successful women business owners and those in leadership positions. I took all the notes and brought them back to you here weaved into the Gutsy Leadership program. Here’s a 30 second snippet of one I did with actress Michelle Collins – even female artists struggle with the same challenges as us.